- You are here:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar
Stockhealth Double Strength Apple Cider Vinegar (contains Vitamin B1)
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR is a supplement that you can apply that reinstates the health and happiness of your animals.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a feed key for maintaining the body’s vital PH Acid/Alkaline Balance
How does this work?
Animals blood is slightly alkaline, with a normal PH level between 7.30 and 7.40. Despite being an acidic solution, apple cider vinegar has an alkalizing effect essential to good health, which is why one to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in water is recommended as a daily health tonic. This means that animals have a much lesser chance of getting sick while in a slightly alkalized state, as many illnesses will not survive in this environment. However, in an acidic environment, the body is unable to maintain healthy enzymes and protect itself from bacteria, moulds or viruses. Your animals then become vulnerable to illness.
- A specially formulated DOUBLE STRENGTH (8%) unpasteurised natural supplement for all livestock.
- It is unpasteurised, therefore retaining the ‘mother of vinegar’ which is vital in preserving all vitamins and minerals.
- It is high in acetic and malic NATURAL acids.
- It is a rich source of potassium and is quickly assimilated. Potassium is necessary to build strength and fight bacteria by flushing out toxins.
- It has powerful healing, cleansing, natural antibiotic & antiseptic qualities.
- It has both internal and external benefits for Itch, Bot Flies, Fleas, Ticks, Skin Conditions, Arthritis, Mastitis, Cystitis and endless ailments. It is an excellent cleaning product.
Suggested Dosage Rates
- CATTLE 30 - 40 mls as a drench diluted. 10mls per head per day added to water or feed.
- SHEEP Use as a drench, 20ml diluted 50/50. Some add molasses, or it can be put in a molasses lick. A daily dose of 5ml per day is ample.
- ALPACA Similar to sheep, include in feed or water
- POULTRY 1ml per bird per day added to feed or water. ACV creates quicker feathering and quicker growth. Meat from any bird or animal fed with ACV is more tender. 20ml of ACV can also be put into an icecream container.
- DOGS Good fertility and energy aid for working dogs. Add 5ml to water daily.
- HORSES – 50mls as a drench diluted with water or 20mls per head per day added to feed or water.
- PIGS – 5mls per head per day added to feed or water.
Please note – these are suggested dosage rates for average size livestock - can be varied according to your animals size and nutritional state. Remember it is more beneficial to use less more often than a large amount less frequently.
Medicate Daily By:
- Adding to drinking water
- Adding to meal or silage
- Spraying onto the coats of the animals
- Direct drenching (must be diluted 50/50 with water)