- You are here:
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Sheep
Apple Cider Vinegar for Sheep
Stockhealth Double Strength Apple Cider Vinegar
There are numerous reports by farmers world-wide on the advantages of using Apple Cider Vinegar to both improve the health of their flock but also to maintain a healthy flock. There are accounts that Hippocrates used Apple Cider Vinegar for his sheep in 400BC.
There are many farmers who have seen that sheep that have a daily dose of Apple Cider Vinegar are more likely to prevent the onset of worms. It is believed this is due to the overall improvement in health of the flock.
There have been trials done by individual farmers in the US that have shown that drenching your wool sheep every month, from weaning to shearing, not only improves the animal's health, but also improves wool production. The same study also showed that drenching of the ewes three weeks before the rams went out, and then six weeks before lambing resulted in a reduction in mortality rate of the lambs at birth.
The regular use of Apple Cider Vinegar is also reported to improve the taste of the lamb meat. There are so many advantages to the use of this natural product - many farmers swear by it.
Stockhealth provides 2 variants of their apple cider vinegar product
suitable for your flock - Traditional Apple Cider Vinegar and
Apple Cider Vinegar with Garlic. The garlic provides the additional
protection of a natural antibiotic.
- A specially formulated DOUBLE STRENGTH (8%) unpasteurised natural supplement for all livestock.
- It is unpasteurised, therefore retaining the ‘mother of vinegar’ which is vital in preserving all vitamins and minerals.
- It is high in acetic and malic NATURAL acids.
- It is a rich source of potassium and is quickly assimilated. Potassium is necessary to build strength and fight bacteria by flushing out toxins.
- It has powerful healing, cleansing, natural antibiotic & antiseptic qualities.
- It has both internal and external benefits for Itch, Bot Flies, Fleas, Ticks, Skin Conditions, Arthritis, Mastitis, Cystitis and endless ailments. It is an excellent cleaning product.
Suggested Dosage Rates
- SHEEP Use as a drench, 20ml diluted 50/50. Some add molasses, or it can be put in a molasses lick. A daily dose of 5ml per day is ample.
- ALPACA Similar to sheep, include in feed or water
Please note – these are suggested dosage rates for average size livestock - can be varied according to your animals size and nutritional state. Remember it is more beneficial to use less more often than a large amount less frequently.
Medicate Daily By:
- Adding to drinking water
- Adding to meal or silage
- Spraying onto the coats of the animals
- Direct drenching (must be diluted 50/50 with water)